Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Life Imitates Art

Jane Austen Book Club Movie Reaction

I really don't have much of an opinion on this film. It was okay. I cant really pin point any particular strengths and weaknesses to it because I don't know how well they translated the book into the movie to begin with and I thought the movie was fine as far as movies go.I didn't take away anything from the movie either and never saw how it ended so its hard to take away something from a movie I never even finished or really cared much about. I guess I would recommend it to people who like chick flicks, because that's all i got out of it if anything. 

Life imitates art in Animal Farm. Each animal represents a type of person during the time of the USSR and Stalin. The pigs are great propaganda preachers and are power hungry and unjust just like the communist leaders in the USSR. The activities they do represents the goals and actions of the USSR. The pigs become hypocrites, just like the communists did. Basically the pigs imitate the way communists behave in the real world. This book sends out a strong message about how communism doesnt work in an intriguing and attention capturing way that makes everyone understand. This shows us how powerful literature can be when delivering a message to the public which reads it. We read to become more educated and intelligent, to learn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment